Can cats eat fritos?
Fritos is a kind of fried food that we often eat in our daily life. It is mainly made of potatoes, which are cut into strips and then fried in a frying pan. It belongs to fast food.
Fritos are very tasty snacks for people.
We know that when we eat fritos, there is no benefit to our health, but as an occasional snack, Can cats eat fritos?
Main ingredients of fritos.
Main ingredients of FRITOS
To answer this question, we must know what is in FRITOS. In fact, we all know common sense, mainly potatoes.
Can cats eat potatoes?
Potatoes, if cooked properly, are simple to make, small in size, and non-toxic to cats. But just because they’re nontoxic doesn’t necessarily mean they’re healthy.
Over time, the properties of potatoes can cause a variety of problems in cats, including obesity, pancreatitis, and arthritis.
Cats, I’m afraid you forgot, are obligate carnivores. They extract all the essential nutrients they need from animal protein. They simply don’t need the carbs that potatoes are rich in.
But potatoes are not the only ingredients, so we should also consider whether other ingredients are harmful to the cat’s health.
Let’s see what ingredients are included in FRITOS.
Other ingredients of fritos.
- Salt Fritos contain a lot of salt, and salt may be an essential mineral, but too much is never a good thing.
It can make our blood pressure soar and our heart beat faster. In cats, it can cause a variety of equally unpleasant side effects, including diarrhea, vomiting, stomach pain, and more.
While the amount of sodium in a bag of fritos is unlikely to do us much harm, it’s important to consider the size difference between us and cats.
Simply put, cats are only a fraction of our body size. So they need way less than us.
- Processed fats Fritos contain processed fats Cats need fats.
It gives them energy, keeps their fur and skin healthy, and helps them optimize the absorption of essential vitamins. What they don’t need are vegetable oils processed into fritos.
The only thing this fat gives them is empty calories—if there’s one thing most domestic cats don’t need, it’s empty calories.
What if my cat eats fritos?
- First of all, we need to know that eating a small bite of fritos will not kill the cat. This won’t do the cat much good, but it also doesn’t require an urgent trip to the vet.
- Potatoes and potato products may not have any nutritional value for cats, but they are also not toxic. Eating a little plain, no-additive fritos will add some empty calories to the cat, but nothing else.
- However, we do not encourage cats to eat fritos without any problems, because fritos are for humans. Cats have different digestive abilities, different needs, and different tolerances for junk food.
- Fritos themselves are not deadly. If cats like to chew a small piece of fritos once in a while, they won’t be hurt.